Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Earthquake in Japan; Tsunami in Hawaii

As I am sure the world has been saturated with this 11March2011 devestation, I have nothing new to add.  Not much of an adventure for me b/c I was stuck on the hill, trapped in the pretty pink pit.  Since I'm an occifer I can't just say peace out; I had to hang around.  Surely, if my honeydew had called frantic and truly was in need of rescue I would have abadoned my post and gone on a different and more meaningful mission...that of saving my family.  While I have a love/hate relationship with the Army I have kept close to my heart that I am a soldier, quite low in the total scheme of things, and that the Army would cut me loose without second thought if the circumstances called.

Speaking of Honeydew, she was the Hero of the hour!  The ocean is our front yard and our community was made to evacuate.With me stuck at work unable to lead her; she packed up the necessary items, gathered the DT's and the dog and headed for higher ground.  Our pastor also came over to load things into the car and lead the way back to their hale.

Truly, the one thing that makes me who I am today is her!  My life would be boiling like Kilauea if I didn't have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment